Labels

Waterfowl PIC

Photo: Two geese swimming in the snow

Canada Geese

Photograph by Tom Dietrich, My Shot
Canada geese in a snowstorm, Alamosa, Colorado
Photo: Ducks gathered between drifts of snow

Mallards

Photograph by Myroslava Scherbatiuk, My Shot
Winter gathering in some Moscow park
Photo: A swan flapping its wings

Mute Swan

Photograph by Paul Ringdahl, My Shot
I have recently had a leg amputated and photography has always been a passion of mine. During this period of rehabilitation I have had to find other ways of getting pleasing images.
I went to Slimbridge Wetland Centre, where access is well considered for those in wheelchairs, and the animals there are free to come and go as they please. It was while sitting patiently there that I managed to get this photo of a mute swan playing. I reckon it’s fantastic. Nikon D2x Nikon 300mm F2.8 lens.
Photo: Two ducks swimming

Northern Pintails

Photograph by Patrick Ulrich, My Shot
One of the most elegant duck species, at least in my opinion, the northern pintail has been on my birding “wish list” for quite some time. I finally had a chance to spend some time with a group of them this weekend and was treated to lots of preening.
Photo: A colorful duck preening

Wood Duck

Photograph by Kathrine Lloyd, My Shot
Male wood duck looking a little shy in Seattle, Washington
Photo: Black swans landing in water

Black Swans

Photograph by aa los banos, My Shot
Black swans flying at the lake
Photo: A duck in water flapping its wings

White Mallard

Photograph by Amandine Marie, My Shot
In a park in Syracuse, Sicily. Reaction of a duck when someone has launched a piece of bread at it.
Photo: A duck in mid-flight

Duck Flying

Photograph by Shane Kirk, My Shot
I was so happy with this day’s opportunities. I have not shot so many ducks in one day. This was taken on a pond near Kansas City on November 20, 2009.
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/125/cache/baby-ducks-standing_12543_600x450.jpg

Fledglings

Photograph by Keven Holt, My Shot
The lead-up to this shot started on the other side of the pond, at a local park. The whole family was there at the start, but the parents got spooked and left. The fledglings started to take a course that they seemed to know well. I tried to determine where they were heading, took a chance, and set up my camera. I was right. They stopped at their safe spot and I was just a foot away. It was so nice just watching and capturing them as they waited for their parents. They came back about 20 minutes later.
Photo: Swans swimming in a canal

Swans

Photograph by Tengguo Wu, My Shot
Saw these pretty white birds relaxing in one of the canals near Hamburg Rathaus. I was resting at the edge of the canal when suddenly they swam toward me, probably expecting me to feed them! When I had nothing to offer (it is illegal to feed them anyway), they gave me these cheeky looks before swimming away.
Photo: Close-up of a duck

Curious Duck

Photograph by Tilly Meijer, My Shot
Just a funny duck. I made this picture with my 10mm lens.
Photo: A colorful bird swimming

Mandarin Drake

Photograph by Sharon Goodman, My Shot
I caught this mandarin drake as I was sitting next to a pond at the San Diego Zoo. After setting up shots all over the zoo, I just focused and snapped the photo. It turned out to be the best photo of the day!

Pages - Menu